Deseneros is an urban brand of hand-made designed jewels, with an edgy, contemporary style, founded in Dubai by Stefano Bolliger.
We chatted to Stefano about Deseneros and what inspires him, so read on to discover about this great local brand.
2. The Deseneros set up at a local market. We love how the Deseneros style is consistently strong throughout the brand presentation. Can’t make it to a physical market? No problem – shop Stefano’s jewels at his online store here.
What sort of products do you market? Urban jewels, with unique hand-made edgy design.
When and why did you decide to start your own business? In 2005 when I went to Mexico to learn silversmith. Why: because I just felt it in my heart…
3. – 7. Stefanos style shines through is his silversmith pieces; find them here.
What’s the best thing about setting up your own brand? Eventually, I can bring to life all the creative ideas that come to my mind, and see the results.
What are some of the challenges you’ve faced? Lack of stock because I like to take my time to bring always new creations, find the best material, but it is very time consuming and does not always meet demand in high season.
What do you love about selling online? Immediate, surprising as you never know who is going to order and from where!
8. We love this bracelet in UAE colours- we can see why it is a best seller at Deseneros. It’s our top pick for National Day gift finds on the marketplace. Shop it here.
What top tips can you share with other littlemajlis.com shopkeepers? Try to develop personal contact with the consumers because Dubai is a small world, and it is nice to exchange and meet your consumers when delivering, not only to deliver as a big anonymous multinational.
Where do you source your materials? Europe, UAE, more details are highly confidential?
Where do you get your inspiration to be creative from? My soul… nature, traveling, the metal.
9. & 10. Stefano doing what he does best – get creative with the metal to bring us stunning everyday pieces of jewellery.
Who’s your favourite designer? Nature.
Any exciting news to share? I am preparing my new collection, fully made with pieces I’ve created, really organic.
11. & 12. Stefano has a very distinctive style – his inspiration (nature) is particular strong in this silver plated stone bead bracelet, aptly named ‘rock’ that you can find in his online store here.
What keeps you awake at night? Now my baby who is teething ?, but normally working at new creations…
Do you have any regrets? Not having started this creative activity earlier!
If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Manage to be more organized to be able to achieve all the creative ideas I have in mind!
Who would you most like to meet? Myself…
Did you ever run away from home as a child? Yes, I was 8 years and I wanted to go to Brazil with my inflatable boat…my mother helped me to pack, put the boat on my bicycle and let me go…I biked 3 km…and went back home…but I really went to Brazil later, at 18 years old (by plane).
How many foreign languages do you speak? 6.5 : Italian, French, Spanish, English, Portuguese, German, tessin dialect…and I know how to order a beer in any language!
If you joined the circus what would you perform? Clown, it was my dream
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A clown
If you could try out for any job for a day, what would you like to try? I just love what I am doing now!
If you could retire tomorrow what would you do? The same that I am doing now! Creating jewels! It is not a job, it is a passion.
Why do you find the littlemajlis.com website appealing to shop at?
Well organized, very clear, and a nice “hand-made, home –made feel”, basically, the benefit of a shopping website with the proximity of the vendor.