Shu Habibi, as a user of Little Majlis you need to read the nitty gritty…
Welcome to Little Majlis!
Welcome to Little Majlis
Little Majlis is an online marketplace and creative community.
General Terms & Conditions
‘account’ means an online Little Majlis account maintained by a member
‘buyer’ refers to any person purchasing an item listed on the website
‘intellectual property rights’ means any and all trademarks, rights in designs, trade, business or domain names, copyrights, future copyrights, patents, rights in databases (whether registered or not and any applications to register or rights to apply for registration of any of the foregoing) rights in inventions, know how, trade secrets and other confidential information and all other intellectual property rights of a similar or corresponding nature that may now or in the future subsist in any part of the world, belonging to Little Majlis;
‘item’, ‘items’ means goods that may be bought or sold through Little Majlis
‘listing’ means the registration and recording of an item on the website
‘member’ means a registered member/seller/buyer/user of Little Majlis
‘seller’ refers to any person placing a listing on the website
‘services’ means any one or more of the services offered by Little Majlis, including but not limited to the sale or purchase of items and, communication facilities
‘we’, ‘us’, ‘Little Majlis’ and ‘our’ refers to Little Majlis FZ LLC
‘website’ means the Little Majlis website: http://www.littlemajlis.com
‘you’ ‘user’ and ‘your’ refers to you
Alteration of terms
We reserve all our intellectual property rights with respect to the website and the services.
This website contains registered and other intellectual property rights belonging to Little Majlis and you shall not reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the website or any software or database connected to the website
Except with our prior written approval, we do not authorize the grant of any license or right to use any of our intellectual property rights.
You may view the website and electronically copy or print hard copies or parts of the website for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not distribute, reproduce, sell, lease, rent, sub license, encumber, display, publish or otherwise commercialize any aspect of the website or its content.
Your Use of the Website
While using the website, you agree not to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any transaction being conducted on the website or to gain unauthorized access to any part of the website.
We reserve the right to establish such limitations as we may deem appropriate, at our sole discretion, with respect to your usage of the website and such limitations may include but will not be limited to, limitations regarding the period of time that any listed content may remain on the website as well as the number of listed items and the file size of such listed items.
You acknowledge that we do not monitor, verify or approve listings, and that you are solely responsible for evaluating and verifying the accuracy of any listing posted on the website.
We reserve the right to revoke your usage of the website at any time without notice if we determine you to be in breach of any of these conditions:
- You must be older than 18 or under the supervision of a legal guardian to register on Little Majlis. You or your legal guardian is responsible for any activity that occurs under your username.
- You are responsible for keeping your account details and password secret and secure.
- You must not abuse or harass other members or send unwanted messages or emails to any members.
- You must not impersonate any other person and/or entity.
- You are responsible for any data, text, information, screen names, graphics and photos that you submit on the website and, you shall be responsible for ensuring that any such data, text, information, screen names, graphics and photos do not contain any computer viruses or any software that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- You may not use the website for illegal or unauthorized purposes. By registering on the website you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You shall not list contact details, including your website address, email address and phone number, within listings or messages posted on Little Majlis or in your member profile.
- You must not direct shoppers to another online selling venue or physical shop to purchase the same items as listed in your Little Majlis shop.
- You must not arrange a transaction outside of the Little Majlis process or otherwise seek to avoid sales commission.
- You are responsible for paying your own VAT if you are required to do so as required by the law.
- All listings must be in English and must state prices in UAE Dirhams.
- Your usage of the website must not contravene any of the laws, rules, regulation, social norms, customs or commercial practices of the United Arab Emirates or be deemed to be illegal and/or inappropriate.
This website may contain links to third party websites for your convenience only and do not indicate an endorsement by Little Majlis of those sites or the products/services offered on those sites.
You acknowledge that we have no control over any aspect of those third party websites, that we take no responsibility for the content or use of those sites and, that you enter linked websites at your own risk.
We are providing the website on an ‘as is’ basis and make no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to the website or its contents and we disclaim all such representations and warranties. We are not responsible to you or anybody else for any loss incurred in relation to your use of this website. Your use of this site website is at your own risk.
We make no express or implied representations or warranties of any kind as to the operation of the website, its contents or any information, goods or services offered on the website, except to the extent that such obligation cannot be excluded at law. In addition, we make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in the website. The information contained in the website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Little Majlis howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We do not warrant that your use of the website will be uninterrupted or free from defects and viruses or that the information provided will be current. We are not liable to you or anyone else if your computer system is in any way damaged or affected by your use of this website.
Limit of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly disclaim and exclude liability for any damage whatsoever including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential loss or damage incurred by you or any user in connection with the website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the website, any websites linked to it and any information or listing posted on the website, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, opportunity loss, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management or office time and for any other loss or damage of any kind whether or not foreseeable, howsoever arising whether or not caused by a negligent act or omission.
In particular, we shall not be liable or responsible in any way for any damages, loss, cost or consequence resulting to you or a third party from the use or the inability to use the website, services or goods acquired through the website or any viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the website or to your downloading of any material posted on the website, or on any website linked to it.
Buying & Selling
General Terms & Conditions
The Little Majlis website is a venue to enable members to buy and sell handmade and artisan items. When an item is purchased on the website, the order is placed with the seller of the product and not Little Majlis. Little Majlis makes the items available for sale, takes the order and collects the payment as the agent of the seller and not on our own behalf. Upon the sale of an item, the contract is formed between the buyer and the seller directly.
Little Majlis is not responsible or liable for any misconduct of any of its members. All contact between you and other members, including any transactions or messages, is entirely at your own risk. We are not responsible for the ownership, content, quality or legality of items sold or listed on the website or for the accuracy of listings or ability of members to complete a transaction.
Little Majlis reserves the right to remove content (including images, items and item descriptions) and accounts containing content that we consider to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or any of Little Majlis’ terms.
We reserve the right to alter or terminate our services and to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
As your use of the website is conducted electronically, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically for all aspects of your use of this website, including sending you electronic notices.
Images uploaded to the website may be used by Little Majlis for the purpose of promoting the website and in this respect you grant us the license to use images you upload on the website for our promotional material.
The following rules apply to sellers for listing items for sale on Little Majlis:
- We reserve the right to approve or disallow any member from selling their products on the website at any time, at our sole discretion and without having to provide any reason.
- Selling items on the website is only available to approved users residing in the countries that comprise the Gulf Cooperation Council. Items listed by sellers from outside this territory may be removed without warning.
- You agree that we shall have the right to remove, without the need for any warning or notice, at our sole discretion, any items that infringe of any party’s intellectual property rights, are deemed inappropriate or illegal.
- The seller must be legally entitled to sell the item listed for sale on Little Majlis. You must hold the intellectual property rights for any text and images you include in your listings.
- The item must be in your possession. Listings must be withdrawn if the item is no longer available. You must not place multiple listings for a single item.
- Items must be handmade or artisan, independent and unique in nature. Mass-produced items do not qualify for listing on Little Majlis and will be removed.
- Little Majlis reserves the right to remove any item that is deemed to be unsuitable for sale on the Little Majlis website. The decision to remove any item is final. Refunds for any item removed from sale are at the discretion of Little Majlis, however, as a general rule, refunds will not be offered.
- Any member who repeatedly lists items that are not suitable for sale on Little Majlis will have their membership revoked.
- Each registered shop front at littlemajlis.com is responsible for collecting and paying their own VAT if they are required to do so as required by the law. It is your responsibility as a seller at littlemajlis.com to ensure that you are VAT compliant. To sell with littlemajlis.com, you must register for VAT if your turnover exceeds the mandatory registration threshold of AED 375,000.
The following special conditions apply for the sale of edibles on Little Majlis:
- You must hold your own trade license and associated municipality permits in order to sell edible items on Little Majlis.
- You are responsible to ensure edible items are prepared in a clean and hygienic manner and in accordance with any applicable laws.
- The sale of hot or frozen foods and foods containing meat or alcohol is not permitted.
- Food items must be clearly labeled with a list of ingredients, production/used by dates and any particular instructions or storage requirements and in accordance with any applicable laws.
- Food items must be correctly packaged for delivery to avoid any contamination or spoilage. The listing price for perishable items, such as freshly baked goods, must include same day delivery.
- Any member who does not abide by these rules will be prohibited from selling edible items on Little Majlis.
We do not sell any item listed on the website directly, we collect payments only as an agent of the seller and as such we do not guarantee any item listed on the website or any transaction between a buyer and seller. We do not process transfer of ownership on behalf of buyers or sellers, or warehouse, store, ship or deliver any item listed on the website.
You will not hold us responsible for other users’ actions or inactions, listings or breaches and we are not obliged to participate in any dispute between you and other users of the website.
We have no control over and do not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of items advertised, the truth or accuracy of users’ listings, the ability of sellers to sell items, the ability of buyers to pay for items, or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
Responsibilities of the seller
- The seller must ensure that the item listed for sale is not in breach of the rules listed above.
- The seller must ensure that the item listed for sale is available for purchase by a buyer.
- The seller must ensure that the item is described accurately and completely. All relevant information about the terms of sale, shipping methods and shipping costs must be provided. All items must be listed in an appropriate category.
- When an item is sold the seller is to ensure that reasonable communication is made with the buyer in order to complete the transaction.
- The seller is responsible for appropriately packing and shipping the item to the buyer to ensure that it is received promptly and in good order. The seller must send all items by registered and insured delivery.
- The seller is responsible for shipping the item to the buyer within a reasonable time frame. Little Majlis recommends shipping within 5 working days of confirmation of a sale.
- Any seller who is determined to have received payment for an item but fails to deliver it will be banned from Little Majlis.
- The seller must ensure that they are VAT compliant in accordance with the law.
Responsibilities of the buyer
- When clicking on the ‘Proceed to Checkout’ link of any item the buyer is entering into an agreement with the seller to purchase that item. You must complete the transaction in the manner specified. By purchasing an item you state that you have the legal right to enter into and complete the transaction.
- When a successful purchase has been made the buyer is responsible for making relevant communications with the seller in order to complete the transaction.
- The buyer is responsible for ensuring their shipping address is specified correctly when making a purchase on Little Majlis.
- The buyer must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from the website and pay any associated fees or charges. The importation or exportation of certain goods to a buyer may be prohibited by certain laws. Little Majlis makes no representation and accepts no liability in respect of the export or import of goods listed on the website.
Some shop fronts at littlemajlis.com are not required to register for VAT. If you have purchased products from a VAT registered shop front, a tax invoice will be emailed to you following confirmation of your order.
Fees & Accounts
Terms and conditions relating specifically to Little Majlis fees and accounts are as follows:
- You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with Little Majlis’ fees before listing an item for sale.
- A commission fee is charged to the seller on the VAT inclusive product and shipping price by Little Majlis when a successful sale is made. This fee will be deducted from your account.
- On approval of becoming a seller details of the commission fees will be made available to you.
- Little Majlis reserves the right to alter any of our fees at any time. You will be notified of any changes to the fees by email.
- Accounts will be balanced by Little Majlis on a monthly basis.
Returns & Exchanges
You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and neither sellers nor Little Majlis shall be liable for their loss or destruction.
In the unlikely event that you have purchased an item which is faulty, different to how it was described or shown, or you otherwise have a right to return it under any applicable law, it may be returned. Note that the seller shall not be obliged to take any action unless you notify the seller in writing, via the Little Majlis message service, of the problem within 48 hours of the delivery of the goods in question.
The seller will offer a replacement or exchange the item. Alternatively a refund or store credit for the net value of the item will be issued by Little Majlis. The item must be returned to the seller with all labels attached and wrapped in the original packaging within ten (10) days of receipt. Any items accepted for return must not be used or reduced in value on your part.
If you change your mind, a return or refund will not be offered. Made to order and personalised items cannot be returned after purchase. Due to health and hygienic regulations, edible items cannot be returned after purchase. Please remember that because of their handmade / artisan nature, some items may vary slightly from the images shown on the website.
Although these general terms govern the operation of Little Majlis, each seller may have their own specific shop policies regarding returns and refunds, customized to suit the types of items they sell. Before making a purchase, please check the sellers’ shop policies so you can make an informed purchase.
In the unlikely circumstance that a product you have purchased is not available or out of stock, a refund or shop credit to the same value will be offered to you.
Warranties & Liability
In particular, and without limiting the above paragraph, while we endeavor to provide a convenient and functional website, we do not guarantee that your requirements will be met or that your use of this website will be uninterrupted, error free or that this website or the server from which it operates them are free of viruses or other harmful components. We cannot be responsible for any loss, corruption or interception of data sent to or from our website which occurs outside of our computer systems (such as those which occur while being sent over the internet). We recommend that you install and use up to date antivirus and firewall software on your computer.`
You warrant that any material you upload onto the website shall not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
You warrant, confirm and undertake that you will comply with all applicable laws, which you shall have the sole responsibility of familiarizing yourself with.
Posts, Feedback & Messages
Listings, images, posts, feedback and messages must not contain contact details of any kind, including web addresses, email addresses and phone numbers, and must relate to a specific purchase or sale.
The feedback and message facilities on Little Majlis must not be used to promote any commercial or business activity. You must not use the message facilities or forum to arrange a transaction outside the website or otherwise seek to avoid sales commission to Little Majlis.
Feedback and messages posted on Little Majlis must not contain offensive, defamatory or inappropriate language.
Little Majlis is not responsible for any of the opinions expressed in messages or feedback posted on the website and members have full legal responsibility and liability for their comments.
Little Majlis reserves the right to monitor messages posted on the website by any member.
Governing Law & Dispute Resolution
The seat of arbitration shall be in Dubai and the arbitration shall be conducted in the English language and the arbitration award shall be final and binding on the parties.
Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure, breach or any delay of any nature whatsoever that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of information communication technology systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
When you purchase a gift voucher or redeem a gift voucher to make a purchase at littlemajlis.com, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions above as well as the special conditions relating to gift vouchers below.
- By purchasing and/or redeeming a voucher you are deemed to have read and understood Little Majlis’ terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- Gift vouchers are an arrangement between Little Majlis and you and not the sellers. Gift vouchers from littlemajlis.com can be redeemed only at littlemajlis.com towards the purchase of items, and the associated shipping, which are currently listed on the website.
- Gift vouchers can not be purchased in conjunction with other items from littlemajlis.com in the same transaction.
- Gift vouchers can not be used to purchase other gift vouchers.
- Little Majlis shall not be responsible if a gift voucher is lost, stolen, destroyed, deleted or used without permission.
- Little Majlis cannot be held responsible for gift vouchers than can not be delivered as a result of the recipients spam filter, mailbox capacity or any other factors outside out control.
- Gift vouchers must be redeemed within 4 months from the date of purchase and will then expire. Gift vouchers in full or part are not redeemable for cash or transferable.
- Unused gift vouchers can be cancelled and the buyer refunded within seven days of purchase.
- Printable PDF gift vouchers are dispatched by email to the designated email account as soon as the payment for the voucher has been received.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the delivery email address entered is correct. Little Majlis cannot be responsible for the incorrect delivery of vouchers due to an error by a customer.
- Little Majlis’ standard payment methods apply for the purchase of vouchers. All vouchers are in UAE Dirhams (AED).
- The unique code stated on the gift voucher will need to be entered at the checkout to redeem it.
- If the items purchased total less that the value of the gift voucher the voucher will be voided and the remaining balance will not be held against the voucher code.
- If the items purchased exceed the value of the gift voucher, the balance must be paid at the checkout when the voucher is redeemed.
Little Majlis is committed to maintaining the privacy of our members and ensuring the personal information you provide to us is secure.
We follow the industry standards to protect your details during transmission and once received, but you should be aware that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. We can therefore not be held responsible for the unlikely circumstance where information is accessed without authorization.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
By registering as a member at www.littlemajlis.com you agree to opt in as a subscriber to Little Majlis’ newsletter which is sent by email.
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. We or our agent and sub-contractors may contact you by post, e-mail or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on our services.
Cookies are pieces of information which include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer. A web beacon is a small graphic image placed on a web page that is designed to allow us to monitor traffic on the website or within electronic communications.
The amount of information Little Majlis requires from you depends on how you choose to use our website.
If you provide personal information, such as your name and contact details, we undertake not to share this information with third parties, except where we are required or permitted to do so by law. However, images that you upload to the website may be used by Little Majlis for marketing purposes. If a shopkeepers opts to use Little Majlis’ logistics partner for shipping, the email address they are registered with on Little Majlis, shall be disclosed to our logistics partner.
If the business of Little Majlis is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
If you use a credit card to make payments on Little Majlis, we confirm that we are unable to access these details as the information is encrypted by our payment partner, Innovate Payments.